Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for six to eight hours prior to the appointment. In some cases you can have water but not within a two hour period before surgery.
- No smoking for at least 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. Minors must be accompanied by an adult legally authorized to give consent.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing either with short sleeves or with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, nail polish or excessively long nails on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office. It most cases the procedure should be rescheduled in a few weeks to ensure the illness is done.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Johnson prior to your surgical date for instructions. Some medications should be continued and some should be stopped.
Choose Exceptional Oral Surgical Care
At Genesis Oral Surgery and Implantology, we place a high premium on your oral health. Contact us today for dental implant placement, wisdom teeth removal, jaw surgery, and more!